Given my set back at work and my interest in 3D programming, I've decided to pursue learning OpenGL. I looked into Java3D a couple of times, but found it extremely difficult to learn. There are very few resources for Java3D, but there are tons for OpenGL. I first did a little bit of OpenGL programming in C++, which I already know, but decided to use this as an "oppurtunity" to learn C#. A year ago, I did a little bit of research on C# and determined that there was no technical reason to switch from Java to C#. But with the lousy job market it can't hurt to also know C#. I'm negative on C# since it's such an obvious ripoff of Java. As a former student of compilers and programming languages it's also repulsive in the lack of a cohesive design. Oh, well. So, this Java/Swing blog will be refocused into documenting my experiences with OpenGL and C#.
BTW, I've decided to use CsGL for the C# OpenGL binding. There are a couple of other ones, but I do not know how they differ. At the moment, I don't really care as long as they work.
No comments:
Post a Comment