Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cost of .22lr Ammo Increasing

Bi-Mart (http://www.bimart.com) is a local variety chain that has specials every week on hunting supplies. I’m always on the lookout for cheap .22lr ammo and it seemed to me that their prices have been going up. Thanks to the web, I was able to find some of their old prices and, sure enough, .22lr is definitely costing more. Way back in October, 525 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet .22LR hollowpoint cost $11.89. This week it’s up to $13.89. That’s a $2 increase in 4 months. So instead of 2.2 cents a round, it’s 2.6 cents a round and will probably soon be 3.0 cents.


The prices at Big 5 Sporting Goods seemed to be rising too but I don’t have their old prices. The same Remington ammo at Big 5 is on sale this week for $17.99 and I thought I’d paid about $13 in the past.


I shoot a lot of .22lr so, this week, I’ll be stockin up.

No comments: