Monday, August 11, 2008

Photos of My Dogs

I bumped into some photos of my dogs taken at my property a couple months ago. Everybody loves pictures of dogs, right?

Here's a shot of the Malamute Shepherd mix:



Here's the American Bulldog working on his superhero pose:



And finally a picture of my old girl who obviously has arthritis:



They look the sweethearts but they are killers. On Saturday the Malamute and Bulldog added another species to their kill list: a turkey vulture. I had just arrived at the property and was still unloading the van when a turkey vulture landed on a stump just 10 feet from the Malamute who apparently made contact. The vulture took off from the stump, flew into some brush, and probably became entangled. Both dogs dived into the brush. When I followed a few seconds after them, I found the Bulldog standing over the nearly dead bird. I'm crediting the Bulldog with the kill and the Malamute with an assist. I feel bad for the turkey vulture, but given how quickly everything happened there is nothing I could have done. It's very odd that the bird landed so close to us.

No comments: