Thursday, October 23, 2008
Back to Frugality
Yesterday CNN had a story about people moving to tiny homes: Downsizing to 100 square feet of bliss. A small number of people have made this transition over the last couple of decades, but, of course, in this failing economy, a story like this has to be placed in the current context. What I hope is that right-sizing to smaller homes and lower levels of consumption will become more of a norm and less an oddity. I used to read some of the frugal-living blogs and there would always be people against the frugality concept and complaining that frugality was not the effort. Maybe with this economic downturn, people will see the error of their zealous consumerism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you check the price on those "small" homes? What a waste: if you want to spend that kind of money, you can build a real home and have some room to stand in. "Small" isn't always better- and in these cases, it's a waste of money, just another "I'm more green than you" bullshit.
Post a Comment