I now own this movie and have seen it several times. One aspect that I enjoy is the main characters, played by Del Toro and Phillippe, cynical view of every day life. Here's a great quote (not a spoiler -- Phillippe says this very early in the movie):
There is a natural order. The way things are meant to be. An order that says that the good guys always win. That you die when it's your time, or you have it coming. That the ending is always happy, if only for someone else. Now at some point it became clear to us that our path had been chosen and we had nothing to offer the world. Our options narrowing down to petty crime or minimum wage. So, we stepped off the path, and went looking for the fortune that we knew was looking for us. Once off the path you do what you can to eat and to keep moving. You don't blow your ghost of a chance with nickel and dime. No possessions, no comforts. Need is the ultimate monkey. A pint of your blood can fetch you fifty bucks. A shot of cum, three grand. You keep your life simple and you can literally self sustain.
The gun fights are pretty good and mostly realistic with only one glaring exception. I know nothing about small-team tactics, but the tactics employed by the main characters seem sensible.
In summary, this is an entertaining movie and I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
I sure hope you aren't using this, or other, movies to learn combat or team tactics- all they'll do is get you killed. Damn, get out in the world and learn some real shit, man.
I am most definitely using this movie as a training video. I learned to play basketball by watching "White Men Can't Jump". After watching every episode of Columbo and that Perry Mason show, I am now a highly successful private investigator. Just because it's on TV doesn't mean it ain't real.
Post a Comment