Anyway, today he links to StealThisWiki. I found Abby Hoffman's "Steal This Book" interesting but far out of date. I only skimmed StealThisWiki, but the entries I read sounded fairly sane and reasonable as opposed to the Anarchists Cookbook which is insane and unreliable.
The Picket Line also links to Caleb Johnson's Why I Am An Anarchist. One statement from Caleb I found interesting is "It is a truism that interaction between men requires a sort of government." Later on he states the problem with governments is that membership is not optional. I understand his points individually, but they must be brought together and he does not attempt to do so. If governments are required, then membership must also be required.
I, at one time, called myself an anarchist and shared many of Caleb's views. I intend to write sometime about my anarchist past and why I now call myself a liberal.
No comments:
Post a Comment