Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Quote and Sassy

I have two news item to note. The first is that last week I requested a quote for the earth-sheltered house plan I wrote about back in January. The plan still needs some tweaks, but I still like it. I skimmed the Earth Sheltered Technology web site again and I really like what I see. My enthusiasm will no doubt diminish when I get their quote. The quote will only have the price for building the shell; everything else including excavation and back-filling will be separate.

The other news is that my friend at the dog shelter finally found me a young female German Shepherd dog! Her name is Sassy and she will be two years old in July. She's already warmed up to me and has shown some signs that she knows how to play. She needs more discipline but knows "come" and "sit." My American Bulldog gave her a warm welcome by attacking her and biting her rear leg. No sign of damage but she seemed wary of him for a while. The Malamute hasn't given her a hard time yet which is surprising because he usually tries to dominate visiting dogs.

No comments: