Last week I was in the big city, NYC. Midtown Manhattan to be specific. This was my second trip there and the first time I was able to venture from the office. I can't see how people live there. It's crowded, noisy, dirty, and nothing grows there. Sure, there is Central Park, but that's only a small oasis; the rest of Manhattan is concrete, asphalt, steel, and glass.
It was interesting talking to my coworkers about the cost of living there. A couple of them, living in New Jersey, pay $14,000 in real estate taxes. That's probably about 10% of their gross salary. Then they pay $400 to $500 a month to commute to the office. So, while I have a lower salary here in podunkville, I have no doubt I'm netting more.
The Manhattan women are incredible. I saw more attractive women in an hour than I do in a month around here. NYC is so much more fashion conscious, so I bet women put more energy into their looks. Around here, it appears that once a woman gets married or becomes 30, they let their bodies go.
I'm glad to be back to the rain and clouds. Unfortunately I am coming down with a cold which always seems to happen when I fly, so I won't be able to fully enjoy this three day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment