Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gods Hates Long Weekends

Every three day weekend since Thanksgiving has been marred in one way or another but usually by crappy weather. For this President's day weekend the weather was generally good so in order to ruin it for me, I came down with a cold. This was my first cold in about two years. I couldn't have been struck down on a normal two-day weekend. Or mid-week.

For the third or fourth time in the last ten years, I called in sick today. I could have gone in or even worked from home, but in addition to the cold I have a scorching case of idontgiveashititis. I expect it to get worse until treated in about a year by having myself severed from my employment. This disease is worsening each month and my work is suffering. Fortunately most of the work I do is fairly mindless and I can generally perform it without much effort.

Only three more days until the weekend!

No comments: